An activity for the children: let’s find the similarities and the differences
It is important to develop the understanding on how similar and how different people can be from an early age. That’s why we offer a game, that will let the children see and observe everyone around them.
The game is really simple – children stand around the room, the teacher calls out different characteristics and the children have to find someone with a similar characteristic, or someone with a different one.
- Find someone, whose hair is as long as yours
- Find someone, who has the same color in his or her clothes, as you do
- Find someone, who also is a girl or a boy
- Find someone, who is from the opposite sex
- Find someone, who is shorter or taller than you
- Find someone, who likes to play
- Find someone, who has a sister or a brother
The task can be made a bit harder, if they don’t have to make a pair, but a trio.
It is important to highlight to the kids, that this game doesn’t have winners or losers. It’s only purpose is to show, how all of us have our similarities and differences.